Connect with us

News

Everton Goalkeeper Caught In Pub Brawl In Tyneside Pub

Published

on

England’s first choice goalkeeper was reportedly involved in a mass brawl in a South Tyneside pub.

Pickford, 27, was mocked for ‘having little arms’. The former Sunderland goalkeepers friends were ‘furious’ with the remarks which led to a mass brawl breaking out in the pub. The incident was recorded but the individuals phone in question was smashed, another man left with a broken nose.

The police are currently investigating the case and are seeking witnesses from the scene, there is no suggestion that Pickford assaulted anyone.

The incident occurred at 9pm on Sunday, Police raced to the scene however, Pickford and his group had left the scene at the Beggar’s Bridge pub in a minibus.

One witness at the scene said:

 ‘He was getting goaded, like they do. All I heard was “little arm” and then that’s it. It kicked off. It happened as soon as they walked in.

‘They hadn’t even had time to get a drink. One lad suffered a broken nose.

‘Pickford wasn’t hurt at all. He was out of the door as soon as it kicked off. Pickford’s group left by minibus before the police came.’

Currently, there has been no arrests.

Everton Football Club have declined to comment on the situation when approached by the Sun, who first broke the story.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: ‘We received a report of a disturbance at the Beggar’s Bridge pub.

‘It was reported that a fight broke out between two groups of males inside the premises. An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.’

Pickford was recently teased during Everton’s visit to St. James Park last Tuesday with one fan in attendance showing off an inflatable t-rex.

Everton lost the game 3-1, with the Newcastle fans giving Pickford a rough reception due to his ties with local rivals, Sunderland.

Let us know what you think of the situation!

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Featured

Trial confirmed for Sunderland man Aaron Ray charged with murdering Northumbria University student

Published

on

A trial date has been set for the suspected murder of a 24-year-old Northumbria University scholar at student accommodation Mansion Tyne last week.

Aaron Ray of Mayfield Road, South Hylton has been charged with murder  and appeared at Newcastle Crown Court on Tuesday, October 4.

The 21-year-old attended his hearing via video link from custody and spoke only to confirm his name, that he could hear the courtroom and that he understood the judge’s warning that, should he have committed any of the offences put to him, “the sooner you tell the court, the better for you”.

Ray will appear at court again for a pre-trial hearing on Friday, October 28 and a date for a trial has been set for Tuesday, March 14, 2023 – it is expected to last five days. The defendant will be kept in custody deemed to be at “risk of further offences”.

On Thursday, September 29 a Northumbria Police spokesperson said: “Shortly before 4.30 pm on Tuesday [Sep 27] police received a report of concern for the welfare of a man inside an address on Howard Street, Newcastle.

“Police and emergency services attended but sadly a 24-year-old man was confirmed as deceased.

“While enquiries are at an early stage, a murder investigation has been launched and a 21-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident. He remains in custody at this time.

“It is believed the two men were known to each other and there is no risk to the wider public, but officers will remain in the area.

“The man’s next of kin have been informed and are currently being supported by specialist officers.”

Ray, was arrested back in 2020 after he left a pet cockatiel with catastrophic injuries after plunging a knife into the back of its neck during a fit of rage. Police officers found the deceased bird after being called to an address in South Hylton following reports of a disturbance.

He was convicted at South Tyneside Magistrate’s Court on June 11 after pleading guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

Continue Reading

Best of North East

Fenwicks Announce Ticketed Christmas Programme

Published

on

Tickets are to go on sale this morning for the hugely popular Santa on the Roof events which are a highlight of the festive season at Fenwick in Newcastle.

The city centre store announced the return of the children’s treat as part of its Christmas programme which, besides the grand unveiling of its annual window display, will include the popular Santa’s Cinema, breakfast and supper clubs with the big man and – new for this year – an afternoon tea event.

Santa on the Roof is an immersive experience which sees elves accompany ticket-holders on a Santa’s Express Elevator ride to the store’s rooftop to meet singing reindeer before they take an ‘elf-mobile’ to meet Santa in his cabin. It will be back this year from November 7 up until Christmas Eve, December 24 and this will go on sale first.

Tickets, costing £17.50, will be available from Thursday, September 29. And families will need to be quick off the mark as they are always quickly snapped up.

Sales of Fenwick’s other seasonal experiences, running November and December, will follow in October. These will include tickets for Santa’s Breakfast Club, Santa’s Supper Club, Santa’s Cinema and the new event, Afternoon Tea with Santa.

This year, Fenwick’s says that all restaurant experiences do not include a visit to Santa on the Roof as part of the experience so this must be purchased separately. And, due to the acticipated high demand, Fenwick ticket provider Ticketsource will be providing a virtual queue to help manage bookings. The advice for keen customers – from the moment they join the queue – is to avoid loading multiple tabs or refreshing their browser.

The Santa on the Roof experience will also offer youngsters a chance to enjoy craft activities with the elves, including decorating a bespoke ceramic plate to take home, and there will a stop-off too at Café Claus for winter-warming drinks and sweet treats along with an opportunity to take an ‘Elfie’ inside Santa’s sleigh, says the store.

Santa’s Cinema, screening festive family films, will be located on the fifth floor of the department store from Thursday, November 10 and will cost £17.50. Adults will be able to choose between a complimentary mulled wine or spiced apple juice and young ones can enjoy hot chocolate or juice plus plenty popcorn.

There also will be a Roof Thirty-Nine Pre-Cinema Experience available for £35 where, before the film screening, guests will be able to take in the view from Fenwick’s roof-top restaurant alongside a cocktail, nibbles and a main course.

This year the festive breakfast and supper club events will take place inside Fenwick’s new Arthur’s Restaurant on the first floor. Santa’s Breakfast Club will run on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings from Friday, November 9 until Friday, December 23, offering waffles, eggs and sausages. Young guests will receive elf hats and colouring books before meeting the mischievous elves and Santa for a picture and Christmas gift. Tickets will be £20.

Continue Reading

News

Cinemas to screen the Queen’s funeral for free on Monday

Published

on

Around 150 cinemas across the UK will open on Monday to allow people to watch the Queen’s state funeral for free, while suspending the screening of films, to allow the public to mourn together.

 

Vue, Curzon and Arc will all screen the funeral proceedings free of charge at select venues from 10am. The funeral will take place at 11am on Monday, September 19 at Westminster Abbey.

 

Vue has cinemas in Gateshead, Cramlington and Hartlepool and will suspend normal scheduling on the national day of mourning. The chain issued a statement to inform the public that: “Seats will be free of charge and our retail offering on this day will be limited to complimentary bottled water during the broadcast, with no other snacks or drinks available for purchase.”

 

In addition, they will also screen the London Procession in the majority of their UK venues on Wednesday, 14 September, live from 1.30pm. On this day all other screens will be open showing film content as normal.

 

Other cinemas across the UK have decided to offer this too, including Arc Cinema, Reel Cinemas, Picturedome and Savoy.

 

The largest cinema chains, Odeon and Cineworld, will remain closed alongside Picturehouse, Showcase and The Light.

 

Will you be going to a showing – let us know on our Facebook page and join the conversation –

Continue Reading

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Trending