Naked Education hit with almost 1,000 Ofcom complaints
Channel 4’s Naked education which has been described by the broadcaster as a ‘body positive’ show has been hit with nearly 1,000 Ofcom complaints.
An episode which aired this month had received 930 complaints after nudity had been shows to those aged between 14-16 as well as these scenes airing before the watershed.
A spokeswoman for Ofcom has said: “We are assessing the complaints against our broadcasting rules before deciding whether or not to investigate”.
Anna Richardson who hosts the series has defended the show saying it aims to “normalise all body types, champion people’s differences and breakdown stereotypes.” The host is seen to be joined by two celebrity presenters, former Love Island contestant Dr Alex George and Yinka Bokinni.
In the first episode, a group of adults were seen to be taking off their clothes in front of the teens in a bid to show what different bodies look like and what producers have said to be a way to try and stamp out people’s insecurities. The following episode had a focus on male bodies and saw very detailed discussions taking place.
Ian Katz, Channel 4’s chief content officer took to Twitter to defend the show saying that: “Anyone who suggests the Channel 4 show Naked Education promotes abuse to children almost certainly hasn’t watched it.”
“The show counters the dangerous myths and toxic images that teenagers are bombarded with by exposing them to real, normal bodies and engaging them in an open, safe conversation about them.”
“It would be hard to think of a clearer example of valuable public service broadcasting that challenges the kind of misconceptions that too often cause anxiety and feelings of inadequacy in young people.”
People from the show have said it features ‘candid conversations and naked exchanges between people who have undergone similar experiences and body transformations. Presenter Richardson also fronts Naked Attraction which has been a big hit since its debut on screen, but it seems its sister show has had a juxtaposing response.
Have you watched the show yet? If you have what are your thoughts on the complaints is it something, you agree with or do you think the show serves an educational purpose? – let us know on our social media and follow us for latest North East Updates – https://linktr.ee/northeastupdates
In Between Days festival cancelled just days before its debut in Newcastle’s Times Square
A new music festival set to make its debut in Newcastle this weekend has been cancelled two days before its debut.
In shock news this Wednesday, the festival In Between Days, which had been due to play out in Times Square over three days from this Friday to Sunday, announced it has been called off, without giving any explanation of the reason.
The event had been set to star Happy Mondays and Ian Brown and local favourites Andrew Cushin and Liam Fender were also on the bill.
The festival set to take place on May 26-28 had just been announced in March, with organisers Tokyo Live promising many more acts to be announced. But now music lovers are left shocked and disappointed by a statement posted by organisers on the festival website which said: “We gave it our best shot. We are so very sorry to have to deliver the news that the In Between Days Festival will not be going ahead.
“It breaks our heart to make this announcement; no company sets out with an intention to cancel, postpone or reschedule an event (and when we have to cancel like this, we have to write off the significant amount of money we’ve spent so far).”
It added: “We were so excited to play host to some of the biggest names and the best talent in the world, but sadly it’s not to be this time. To everyone who has supported us, we are so very grateful but obviously very disappointed that we have not been able to make this a reality for you.
“We would like to offer our thanks to all the artists, partner agencies, suppliers and of course, our ticket holders for supporting us – we are so sorry to have disappointed you all. Ticket holders will receive an automatic refund (to include fees). Thank you for your understanding.”
Beyoncé Expected set list as Renaissance tour heads to Sunderland
Beyoncé is set to wow Wearside tomorrow (May 23) for her Renaissance world tour.
More than 48,000 fans are set to descend on the city for the date at the Stadium of Light, one of only four UK venues chosen for the mammoth tour.
Here’s the setlist in full from previous nights, which features a huge 36 tracks across three hours, from new hits to old favourites:
– Dangerously in Love
– Flaws and All
– I’m Going Down
– I Care
– I’M THAT GIRL
– ALIEN SUPERSTAR
– Lift Off
– CUFF IT
– BREAK MY SOUL
– Run the World (Girls)
– MY POWER
– BLACK PARADE
– Savage (Remix)
– CHURCH GIRL
– Get Me Bodied
– Before I Let Go
– Rather Die Young
– Love on Top
– Crazy in Love
– PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA
– VIRGO’S GROOVE
– Naughty Girl
– ALL UP IN YOUR MIND
– Drunk in Love
– AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM
– SUMMER RENAISSANCE
Are you heading to see Beyoncé? – let us know on our social media and follow us for latest North East Updates – https://linktr.ee/northeastupdates
Disney On Ice announces return to Newcastle Arena – here’s how to get tickets
Mickey and a host of favourite characters will skate into Utilita Arena Newcastle from Wednesday, December 6 to Sunday, December 10 2023 celebrating the magic of Disney’s 100th Anniversary with Disney On Ice presents 100 Years of Wonder.
The hugely popular Encanto features in the ice show for the very first time in the UK, when Mickey Mouse is joined by his friends on a journey to discover his favourite memory of all time.
Families will be part of the action and help the gang venture through Disney stories, sharing memorable moments from treasured tales.
Journey to a vibrant town in the mountains of Colombia to meet Mirabel and her family who live in a magical casita in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto.
Sail away with Moana as she displays courage to save her island on a high-seas adventure with the demigod, Maui.
Caroline Ginnane, General Manager of the Utilita Arena Newcastle, added: “We are always delighted to host Disney On Ice here at the arena, and this year’s show is a particularly special celebration heralding Disney’s 100th Anniversary.
“Seeing Encanto for the first time on ice will be a real treat, as well as much loved audience favourites including Moana, Frozen and Toy Story.
“It’s always heart-warming to see families making special memories, singing and dancing along with favourite Disney stars in an enchanting ice spectacular which has become an exciting pre-Christmas treat here at Utilita Arena Newcastle.”
The production will skate into Utilita Arena Newcastle from December 6-10, 2023.
Priority Customers can take advantage of the pre-sale from Friday May 19, 2023 by signing up at www.prioritycustomer.co.uk.
Tickets then go on general sale from Friday May 26, 2023 at www.disneyonice.co.uk.
Who would you love to take? – let us know on our social media and follow us for latest North East Updates – https://linktr.ee/northeastupdates
Sports1 year ago
Newcastle transfer rumours as January window approaches
Best of North East1 year ago
Top 10: Date Ideas In Newcastle
News2 years ago
Local mum left with serious injuries after being spiked
Featured1 year ago
North-East Collection Points For Ukraine Donations
Featured2 months ago
Popular Restaurant forced to close – Statement released!
Sports1 year ago
Rumours: How could Newcastle line-up after the January transfer window?
Featured1 year ago
Humanitarian aid for Ukraine collection point in Newcastle
Sports1 year ago
Favourites to sign for Newcastle in January, according to SkyBet