Yet again, a North East doctor’s instincts kicked in when a fan collapsed in the stands of Ewood Park on Monday.
Only a few months after his first heroic act, Dr Prichard has saved another life in a football stadium.
Without hesitation, the NUFC fan, who works in the Accident and Emergency department at North Tees Hospital in Stockton and as a team doctor for Middlesbrough Football Club, rushed to the side of the football fan who needed immediate medical attention.
Alongside Boro’s head physio Chris Moseley, the pair incredibly managed to save the elderly gentlemen’s life.
A statement on the Blackburn club’s website said: “The Rovers supporter, who was situated in the lower tier of the Jack Walker Stand, took ill midway through the second half of the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough.
“Rovers wish to pay a special thanks to Middlesbrough’s medical department, who were first on the scene and who were able to restart the gentleman’s breathing, as well as Rovers’ medical staff and the crowd doctor and his team for their swift response.
After regaining consciousness, the supporter was taken by ambulance to hospital, where he is alert and stable.
Our thoughts remain with him and his family this evening, and we hope that he makes a fully and speedy recovery.”
The game was stopped for about 12 minutes whilst the medics worked, before the supporter thankfully regained consciousness and was taken to hospital.
Back in October, a fan went into cardiac arrest at a Newcastle United game at St. James Park, and was saved thanks to the quick thinking of the North East doctor and other medics.
In only 4 months, Dr Prichard has saved two lives at football matches.
Saudi Arabia wants its investors to own Manchester United
Sports minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal revealed the country’s latest sporting ambitions in an interview with Sky News – with the sovereign wealth fund already owning Newcastle and now funding a breakaway golf series.
It follows the Manchester United board announcing that they are open to a sale of the club.
Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisalstated he would be keen on Ronaldo signing for a Saudi Pro League after the World Cup, with the 37-year-old a free agent following a controversial interview and exit to Manchester United earlier this week..
“Who wouldn’t want him to play in their league?” “He’s a role model to a lot of young players – him and Messi.”
Sky news are reporting – It is the availability of United – after the Glazers announced plans for a potential sale – and Ronaldo that is interesting Prince Abdulaziz.
What are your thoughts on this – join the conversation on our Facebook page.
Sunday for Sammy Concert Cancelled For 2023 Due To Cost of Living
A popular charity concert will not be held in 2023 due to the cost of living crisis.
Sunday for Sammy, which is held in memory of North East actor Sammy Johnson, is a biennial event aimed at benefitting young performers.
The long-running event has featured the likes of Joe McElderry, Johnny Vegas, Brenda Blethyn, Denise Welch, AC/DC’s Brian Johnson and Mark Knopfler, Jill Halfpenny and Ant and Dec.
Tim Healy, who hosts Sunday for Sammy, said: “We’ve had lots of enquiries over the recent months asking when the next Sunday for Sammy will take place.
“We are very much aware at the moment that people are struggling with day-to-day living costs and are watching their pennies. Everything is becoming more and more expensive and that includes the cost of putting on a show the size of ours.”
He added: “We can’t in good conscious put on a show that we aren’t sure people can afford to be tickets for. It would be wrong to risk your money you have generously given us.
“So sadly we have decided that there won’t be a show in 2023. We’re going to wait until the time is right.”
Often dubbed The Geordie Command Performance, the shows, which have been running for more than 20 years, are held in memory of Geordie actor Sammy Johnson, who died in 1999.
STACK Newcastle Bosses Scrap Plans For Christmas Pop-Up Venue
The owners of STACK have confirmed that there won’t be a pop-up version in Newcastle this Christmas, as plans have been shelved.
At the end of September it was reported that STACK’s owner, Danieli Group, were hoping to bring the brand back to the heart of Newcastle after its Pilgrim Street site was demolished earlier this year, after becoming a firm favourite with locals and visitors since 2018. The pop-up, close to the Crowne Plaza hotel in the Stephenson Quarter, looked set to be a massive draw before STACK makes its permanent return to the city next year, was planned to feature a number of shipping container bars, a new take on its famous Hadrian’s Tipi, street food vans, a stage and large screen, all on one level.
But, it has now been announced that the proposed STACK festive pop-up won’t be happening anymore. Confirming the decision, Neill Winch, CEO of Danieli Group said that while it was sad news that the pop-up would no longer take place, it meant the company can forge ahead with the Worswick Chambers plan.
He commented: “We know how much people miss not having a STACK in Newcastle so we are concentrating our efforts on creating what will become a flagship site back where STACK first began,” he said.
“Work is well underway on the scheme with a view to being open in winter 2023.”
In recent weeks it has announced new developments in Lincoln, Durham, Bishop Auckland and Carlisle.
Sports11 months ago
Newcastle transfer rumours as January window approaches
News1 year ago
Local mum left with serious injuries after being spiked
Sports11 months ago
Rumours: How could Newcastle line-up after the January transfer window?
Featured9 months ago
North-East Collection Points For Ukraine Donations
Featured9 months ago
Humanitarian aid for Ukraine collection point in Newcastle
Sports11 months ago
Favourites to sign for Newcastle in January, according to SkyBet
Sports6 months ago
Six potential strikers that would improve Newcastle’s attack
Featured11 months ago
Newcastle Laser Light City – Sky Lights You Control