Connect with us

Featured

Pet owner devastated after beloved dog is stabbed and dies in Gateshead

Published

on

An owner has been left devastated after his beloved pet dog tragically passed away after being “stabbed” in Gateshead.

Kyle Mason, 28, said his staffordshire bull terrier, Robbie, who was around three or four years old, got out and found his way into a back alley near his home in Bensham on May 5. But when Kyle found him, he was covered in blood.

He immediately called the vets and got an emergency appointment at a nearby PDSA hospital where they treated two large gashes on his body. Kyle was due to return to the vets with Robbie the following morning but tragically his beloved pet passed away during the night.

The sudden loss of Robbie has left Kyle heartbroken and shaken saying: “Robbie got out and went out the back alley and when he came back he was covered in blood. I just started panicking because I’m autistic so I was just panicking really bad. I just didn’t know what had happened.

“I had to get an emergency appointment and I took him to the vets. We got back and he was supposed to go back to the vets in the morning but he passed away during the night.

“This has really hit me. I’m having nightmares, I wake up thinking I’ve been stabbed and keep having to check I haven’t been stabbed when I wake up.

“Robbie was a great support for me, he helped a lot with my autism. He was always there when I was crying or emotional, he was such a loving dog. He was just fantastic, I miss him so much.”

Kyle reported the incident to Northumbria Police and the RSPCA but no charges have been brought against anyone yet. He said RSPCA officers came to see Robbie and confirmed it looked like he had been stabbed.

He said Robbie was “an innocent dog” and said the incident has caused him “a great deal of stress”. Kyle said: “There seems to be a lot of animal cruelty happening at the moment and it’s just disgraceful. Robbie was just an innocent dog, no animal deserves this. I just wanted to raise awareness.

“I rescued him after I saw him being advertised as dog bait and now this has happened. I’ve just lost my older dog in 2020 who I had since I was a young child and now Robbie has died so it’s a short time between them. I’m autistic and have mental health issues so this had caused me a great deal of stress.”

A Northumbria Police spokesperson said: “On May 5 we were made aware of a dog that had been attacked in the Saltwell Road area of Gateshead. A full investigation has since been carried out into the incident, but there has so far been insufficient evidence to seek a criminal prosecution.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the ‘Tell Us Something’ page of our website or by calling 101 quoting crime number 054150A/22.”

An RSPCA spokesperson said: “We were called to a property in Bensham and sadly found the dog had died from his injuries. Anyone with information about how the dog became injured should call the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999, or contact Northumbria Police.”

RIP Robbie, you were a good boy, we hope you find justice <3

Featured

Saudi Arabia wants its investors to own Manchester United

Published

on

North East Updates - Breaking News

Sports minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal revealed the country’s latest sporting ambitions in an interview with Sky News – with the sovereign wealth fund already owning Newcastle and now funding a breakaway golf series.

 

Sports minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal revealed the country’s latest sporting ambitions in an interview with Sky News – with the sovereign wealth fund already owning Newcastle and now funding a breakaway golf series.

 

It follows the Manchester United board announcing that they are open to a sale of the club.

Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisalstated he would be keen on Ronaldo signing for a Saudi Pro League after the World Cup, with the 37-year-old a free agent following a controversial interview and exit to Manchester United earlier this week..

 

“Who wouldn’t want him to play in their league?” “He’s a role model to a lot of young players – him and Messi.”

 

Sky news are reporting – It is the availability of United – after the Glazers announced plans for a potential sale – and Ronaldo that is interesting Prince Abdulaziz.

 

What are your thoughts on this – join the conversation on our Facebook page.

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sunday for Sammy Concert Cancelled For 2023 Due To Cost of Living

Published

on

A popular charity concert will not be held in 2023 due to the cost of living crisis.

Sunday for Sammy, which is held in memory of North East actor Sammy Johnson, is a biennial event aimed at benefitting young performers.

The long-running event has featured the likes of Joe McElderry, Johnny Vegas, Brenda Blethyn, Denise Welch, AC/DC’s Brian Johnson and Mark Knopfler, Jill Halfpenny and Ant and Dec.

Tim Healy, who hosts Sunday for Sammy, said: “We’ve had lots of enquiries over the recent months asking when the next Sunday for Sammy will take place.

“We are very much aware at the moment that people are struggling with day-to-day living costs and are watching their pennies. Everything is becoming more and more expensive and that includes the cost of putting on a show the size of ours.”

He added: “We can’t in good conscious put on a show that we aren’t sure people can afford to be tickets for. It would be wrong to risk your money you have generously given us.

“So sadly we have decided that there won’t be a show in 2023. We’re going to wait until the time is right.”

Often dubbed The Geordie Command Performance, the shows, which have been running for more than 20 years, are held in memory of Geordie actor Sammy Johnson, who died in 1999.

Continue Reading

Featured

STACK Newcastle Bosses Scrap Plans For Christmas Pop-Up Venue

Published

on

The owners of STACK have confirmed that there won’t be a pop-up version in Newcastle this Christmas, as plans have been shelved.

At the end of September it was reported that STACK’s owner, Danieli Group, were hoping to bring the brand back to the heart of Newcastle after its Pilgrim Street site was demolished earlier this year, after becoming a firm favourite with locals and visitors since 2018. The pop-up, close to the Crowne Plaza hotel in the Stephenson Quarter, looked set to be a massive draw before STACK makes its permanent return to the city next year, was planned to feature a number of shipping container bars, a new take on its famous Hadrian’s Tipi, street food vans, a stage and large screen, all on one level.

But, it has now been announced that the proposed STACK festive pop-up won’t be happening anymore. Confirming the decision, Neill Winch, CEO of Danieli Group said that while it was sad news that the pop-up would no longer take place, it meant the company can forge ahead with the Worswick Chambers plan.

He commented: “We know how much people miss not having a STACK in Newcastle so we are concentrating our efforts on creating what will become a flagship site back where STACK first began,” he said.

“Work is well underway on the scheme with a view to being open in winter 2023.”

In recent weeks it has announced new developments in Lincoln, Durham, Bishop Auckland and Carlisle.

Continue Reading

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Trending