Sunderland Boozer Banned From All City Centre Pubs Til 2043
A drinker who punched a Sunderland pub landlady is banned from all city centre pubs for at least 22 years.
Susan Carroll, 59, has been banned from all city centre pubs until August 8, 2043, South Tyneside Magistrates court has heard today. After being sentenced for punching the landlady in the face, she said: “I can’t go into a pub until I’m 80”.
Carroll, of South Durham Court, Hendon, became aggressive while inside Greens, in Low Row, on Wednesday, October 13th. After causing bother inside and out, she returned to the bar and hit the landlady in an unprovoked assault. It was the second time in four years she had attacked a staff member in a Sunderland pub.
She pleaded guilty to a charge of assault by beating at an earlier hearing and has now been ordered to pay her victim compensation. Magistrates, who also sentenced her to a 12-month community order, heard she had been handed the long pub ban separately under the Pubwatch scheme.
Her solicitor, Jason Smith, said: “She has a short history of similar attacks when she’s had a drink. She had been to a friends for drinks and had too much. She is on Pubwatch and has been excluded for life from pubs in Sunderland city centre. It’s to be reviewed but it is until August 8, 2043.”
Prosecutor Sarah Malkinson said a call to police had been made from Greens, informing them of Carroll’s attack. She said: “The defendant had attended the bar and asked for a drink but was refused because she was already barred. She threw beer mats and straw holders onto the floor. She left and went outside but came back in and assaulted the landlady. She punched her in the face. There were no injuries but pain was caused. The offence is aggravated because it was carried out while she was drunk and it was against a member of bar staff doing her job.”
Carroll’s community order punishment carries a punishment requirement of 20 days of rehabilitation work.
She must pay compensation of £100, and there was a £95 victim surcharge too.
Raoul Moat Drama Coming Soon To ITV
It looks set to be one of ITV’s biggest dramas this year and The Hunt for Raoul Moat is being brought to screen by the same people responsible for smash hit shows Line of Duty, Bodyguard and Vigil.
It was confirmed last April that production on the series had commenced, nearly 12 years after Moat gunman shot ex girlfriend Samantha Stobbart and her new boyfriend Christopher Brown, with Brown dying from his injuries. After fleeing Samantha’s home in Birtley, Moat, who had been released from prison just days earlier, went on the run, shooting on duty policeman PC David Rathband in the face as he sat in a patrol car on the outskirts of Newcastle and leaving him blind.
From there, Moat headed for Northumberland, forcing the quiet village of Rothbury into a lockdown as police launched a frantic search for him. The hunt for Moat reached its conclusion with a tense stand-off between the killer and the police on a riverbank, with Moat eventually shooting himself and dying from his injuries as he was rushed to Newcastle General Hospital.
ITV announced three parter The Hunt for Raoul Moat almost a year ago, as filming got underway in Yorkshire, with a cast including ex Bodyguard star Matt Stokoe as Moat and Inspector George Gently actor Lee Ingeleby as police chief Neil Adamson.
ITV have yet to officially announce an release date for The Hunt for Raoul Moat, but is expected to be form part of the channel’s spring programming.
Peter Kay halts Newcastle show and ‘rushes off stage to help as fans fall ill’
Peter Kay’s Newcastle show was thrown into chaos when three audience members fell ill.
According to the Sun the Phoenix Nights star halted his latest show and rushed to assist when he spotted a fan on the front row had become unwell and needed assistance.
Minutes later, a member of the audience was escorted out of the venue in a wheelchair.
An onlooker told the Sun: People near the front started shouting for an ambulance.
‘Peter asked if they were being serious, then he asked for the big lights to go on and stewards ran over to see what was going on.
‘He then went off stage for around 10/15 mins and one person was seen getting wheel-chaired out.’
After the situation was under control he got on with his show, but two more audience members then reportedly become unwell.
Were you there – did you witness it? Let us know on our Facebook page –
International Women’s Day – The North East’s Most Influential Women – North East Updates
On this International Women’s Day, March 8, we highlight the extraordinary contributions made by women in the North East throughout history and the present. For hundreds of years, the women of the North East have shaped our world, and without them, things wouldn’t be the same.
Follow us on YouTube for all local videos and to support us – North East Updates – YouTube
Sports1 year ago
Newcastle transfer rumours as January window approaches
Best of North East1 year ago
Top 10: Date Ideas In Newcastle
News1 year ago
Local mum left with serious injuries after being spiked
Sports1 year ago
Rumours: How could Newcastle line-up after the January transfer window?
Featured1 year ago
North-East Collection Points For Ukraine Donations
Featured1 year ago
Humanitarian aid for Ukraine collection point in Newcastle
Sports1 year ago
Favourites to sign for Newcastle in January, according to SkyBet
Sports10 months ago
Six potential strikers that would improve Newcastle’s attack