Centre For Life in Newcastle has something on for everyone from October 23th until November 12th, with their spooky Autumn programme now in full swing! Including live shows, experiments and the chance to make creepy creations to take home.
There is a Spooky Science live show – which includes mysterious moving objects and a pumpkin that vomits bubbles – as well as monster shadow puppet-making sessions.
In the meantime, other attractions include The Planetarium and a Space Zone where visitors can launch their own rocket. And for under-sevens, there are pop-up play stations throughout the centre and a new Play Zone will open on October 23th with a mini kitchen and café.
Their programme includes:
- Spooky Science live show. Explore what scares us and why. Expect strange noises; mysterious moving objects and a creepy pumpkin that vomits spooky bubbles!
- Monster mash-up in the Making Studios. Create a monster shadow puppet from different spooky parts. Make it perform in the shadow theatre, then take it home and scare your gran.
- Spooky science lab. Grab your pipette and make amazing colours and arty creations. Be prepared for strange smells!
- Trick or Treat pop-up science and skeleton trail. Choose from mesmerising illusions where balloons scream and writing disappears and see if you can find the life-sized skeletons around the centre.
- Space Zone. Launch your own rocket; be the boss in Mission Control and check out how astronauts poo in space. Explore the planets and night skies in the North’s biggest planetarium and see our Earth in whole new light with the stunning digital globe Sphere.
- NEW Gaia created by British artist Luke Jerram. It’s wowed audiences across the globe and now you can wonder at this mesmerising and massive recreation of planet Earth.
- LEGO® creations built by pro LEGO® artists. Be inspired to get building! Highlights include a huge four-metre-long airport – both the handiwork of Warren Elsmore – and Stephenson’s Rocket locomotive, by local artist Steve Mayes.
Especially for under-7s:
- Pop-up play stations. Create a rocket, get measuring and build your own giant marble run to explore how balls roll.
- Discovery backpacks. See a rainbow indoors and hear some noisy toys. Grab your bag from reception to help your little ones explore Life.
- NEW Play Zone. Explore a fascinating world designed just for little ones where they can have fun and learn while they’re at it! They can create make believe meals and entertain in the mini- kitchen and café – and learn to recycle (it’s never too early to save the planet!). There’s magical light play, a chance to build creations and delve into soft play.
To check out their Autumn programme in full, head over to: https://www.life.org.uk/visit/spooky-autumn
Subscribe to our free newsletter to stay fully up to date with the latest North East Offers – Subscribe – North East Updates
North East football top appears in the new Gal Gadot Netflix film Heart of Stone!
Netflix have released a brand new film starring Gal Gadot, titled “Heart of Stone”. The American spy action thriller is centred around Rachel Stone, an intelligence operative who stands between her powerful global peacekeeping organization and the loss of its most valuable and dangerous asset.
A certain clip from the film has been going around Twitter recently though due to the costume of one of its characters.
During an intense chase scene where Rachel Stone (Gal Gadot) is fleeing from the pursuing gunmen hunting her down, one of the characters can be seen to be wearing none other than Middlesbrough’s home shirt from the 09/10 season!
One Twitter user wrote, “@Boro, how the hell did this happen? Sat watching the new @GalGadot film and a bloody Boro fan is trying to kill her!!!”
You can see the clip here! – https://twitter.com/borochubster/status/1690486750362165248?s=46
You can now download our FREE new app to stay fully up to date with all North East related news – https://linktr.ee/northeastupdates
Follow our You Tube for some big local videos and to support us…
Loosedays owners explained what lead to the cancelled Loosefest
Loosefest, the festival ran by popular company Loosedays was set to take place last weekend following the success of last years festival on the Town Moor in Newcastle. However, on the opening day of the festival, it was cancelled at the last minute with little to no warning. In a recent podcast, the owners of the festival and owners of company Loosedays have spoken out about the cancellation of the festival and how it came about.
Speaking on the hours leading up to the festival, Owner Dean Saunders had this to say, “it was about 3am (Saturday morning) when I left, and I remember leaving the site and there was a real feeling of pride from everyone on site that despite the 5 weeks of rain, it was pulled off. ”I got up the next day but it had been raining a lot during the night and it all started to quickly unravel from there. That heavy rainfall during the night had undone a lot of the work that everyone had put in. “Because of that extra rainfall it became impossible and a little too dangerous as fire exits became a bit too dangerous with there being potholes. “It became to unsafe for it to go ahead, it was heartbreaking and we were absolutely devastated and straight away it was how can we react as quickly as possible to make sure everyone is aware and to find a solution.”
Within the podcast, the owners go on to credit the city for pulling together and getting people set up in clubs across the city, with TupTup, Digital, Riverside and Chinawhite being mentioned by the pair. Despite the disaster on the day, refunds have been issued out swiftly with people giving credit to the owners for how they handled it and providing a good weekend for the paying customers as promised.
Did the cancellation affect you or someone you know? – Let us know using our social media and follow us for the latest North East Updates – https://northeastupdates.com/
Follow our You Tube for some big local videos and to support us…
Sean Longstaff warns Amazon documentary will make rivals jealous
The fly-on-the-wall documentary that followed Newcastle throughout the 2022/23 season is to be released later tomorrow, with viewers – and rivals – getting an inside look at St James’ Park. Sean Longstaff has warned rivals will want to “tear down” Newcastle this season – as a behind the scenes documentary is set to divide football fans.
The Geordie midfielder says the club is prepared for a backlash on and off the pitch after their fourth placed finish clinched Champions League football. Prime Video will broadcast behind the scenes footage from last season on Thursday in a four-part expose. It included Saudi PIF business chief Yasir Al Rumayyan saying he wants to be “No1” and denying he has any influence over the day to day running of the club, as he is portrayed as one of the saviours of the club. Part-owner Amanda Staveley is filmed negotiating the £40m signing of Anthony Gordon as a staff member says that Yasir “loves” Anthony.
Longstaff said: “The more successful you are, the more people want to tear you down. Inside the club and the team, we’re as tight as you can be. We don’t let anything in. “Even on the first day back, that was the manager’s big message – we have to stick together. If it doesn’t go as smoothly as last year, we have to stick together, and we know we’ve got a good enough squad to come out of it.” The first part of a 4-part documentary series releases tomorrow on Prime Video and will release each week. Are you looking forward to watching the documentary and viewing behind the scenes at the club? –
Let us know using our social media and follow us for the latest North East Updates – https://northeastupdates.com/
Best of North East2 years ago
Top 10: Date Ideas In Newcastle
Sports2 years ago
Newcastle transfer rumours as January window approaches
Featured7 months ago
Wet N Wild – Exploring the abandoned Water Park – See before and After pictures!
Featured8 months ago
Popular Restaurant forced to close – Statement released!
News2 years ago
Local mum left with serious injuries after being spiked
Featured2 years ago
North-East Collection Points For Ukraine Donations
Sports2 years ago
Rumours: How could Newcastle line-up after the January transfer window?
Featured9 months ago
Newcastle United to Reveal New Shirt Sponsor?