Last week an amazing moment happened at Parklife which saw a young man publicly propose to his girlfriend of seven and a half years at the Manchester festival.
The proposal happened on the main stage during Yung Filly’s set after Myles Goodfellow, 25, won a competition to go backstage at the event in Manchester and took the opportunity to pop the question to his partner, Indy Geraghty.
The young Scottish couple met at parties when Myles moved to the same town as his other half and haven’t been apart since he messaged her on Facebook one day.
For the couple, this was a fairy tale day.
“I felt amazing after it happened! In the moment I was completely shocked I just never thought he would do it and for him to do it in such an amazing way was crazy!
As you can see from photos and the video I was so shocked couldn’t even speak I just cried so bad but they were very happy tears!” Indy commented.
Check out the video of the moment it happened here:
On the reaction from the public, Indy told us that she has had so many kind messages and offers to help plan the wedding.
“I’m just trying to take everything in that’s happened and eventually I’ll move on to the wedding planning I don’t even know where to start.”
Unfortunately, however, internet trolls have given lots of ‘negative and vile’ reactions to these two young people sharing a special moment.
After noticing these negative comments, the Director of Parklife, Sacha Lord, offered ‘to find this couple and give them free entry to Parklife and The Warehouse Project for life and not only that, but to pay for their honeymoon, so that when they go away, I want them to sit there in the sun posting pictures to social media, knowing that those people who had a go at them are bitter, and they’re not there.’
The Mirror have reported that the young couple are eyeing up the luxury Island of Bora Bora as a potential honeymoon destination and it doesn’t seem like the pair are allowing trolls to ruin their moment.
Indy commented, “he’s my first love and I couldn’t ask for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with. I wouldn’t change how it happened at all!”
What an inspiring story and gesture we could all use right now.
Join us on Facebook to join in the conversation..
Everything we know about I’m A Celebrity All Stars so far
Last week Ant and Dec revealed the “the worst kept secret in television”, announcing a very special series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa set to air in 2023.
The series will feature our favourite celebrities from the last twenty years. Although Ant and Dec haven’t officially disclosed who will be returning to brave the jungle once again, a TV insider has now revealed the lineup of celebrities who are expected to be taking part.
Perhaps the most surprising rumoured contestant is You Are What You Eat star Gillian McKeith, whose infamous fainting episode over a decade ago has made its mark in reality TV history.
The source said: “It’s a different format to Australia, who knows when and where celebrities will enter camp, literally anything could happen.
“It’s not clear how many will start in camp or how many will be there by the end when one is crowned King or Queen of the jungle, possibly for a second time.
“It’s the best of I’m A Celebrity, quite literally, but there’s some twists and surprises along the way for viewers and campers so it’s not going to be as straightforward as they might think.”
So, who can we expect to see back? Here is the full list of those brave celebrities expected to return:
- Phil Tufnell
- Amir Khan
- Paul Burrell
- Jordan Banjo
- Andrew Whyment
- Dean Gaffney
- Shaun Ryder
- Gillian McKeith
- Carol Vorderman
- Georgia Toffolo
- Helen Flanagan
- Janice Dickinson
- Myleene Klass
- Joe Swash
- Fatima Whitbread
Follow us for the latest as more details are revealed.
North East foodbanks to close on Monday as the Queen’s funeral is held
Several foodbanks across the North East will close their warehouses and distribution centres this Bank Holiday Monday, the day the Queen’s funeral is being held.
In the North East, Gateshead Foodbank has announced that it will be closed on Monday to reopen the following day. Sunderland and County Durham Foodbank will also be closed, as well as their foodbank warehouse.
It was announced that the day of the Queen’s funeral would be a bank holiday by King Charles III this weekend, as a national day of mourning for Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty’s funeral will take place at 11am on Monday, September 19 at Westminster Abbey. The public will be able to pay their respects 24 hours a day for four days until 6.30am on Monday, while the Queen lies in state in the Palace of Westminster.
The Trussell Trust work to stop UK hunger and poverty, and their network of foodbanks provides emergency food and support to people in crisis. A spokesperson told the Mirror that food banks across the country were given the option to close or stay open depending on the needs of their community.
They clarified that “foodbanks are all independent, but we have emailed saying it is a bank holiday and they can decide what to do. It really depends on the local need on the ground, the volunteers will know if they are particularly quiet on a Monday, or if it is a busier day.”
The decision to close a number of foodbanks has proved to be controversial, with some slamming the move as classist. What are your thoughts?
Queen’s Funeral Date Announced
Details of the service and events in the coming days have been released by Buckingham Palace and the Earl Marshal, the Duke of Norfolk, who is responsible for the arrangements.
It was announced earlier that the day of the funeral will be a bank holiday.
The funeral of Queen Elizabeth II will take place at 11am on Monday 19 September at Westminster Abbey.
The Queen’s coffin – which is currently in the ballroom at Balmoral – will be carried by six gamekeepers from the Balmoral Estate tomorrow, Sunday 11 September, at 10am.
Follow us for all Breaking news – https://www.facebook.com/NorthEastUpdates
Sports9 months ago
Newcastle transfer rumours as January window approaches
News11 months ago
Local mum left with serious injuries after being spiked
Sports9 months ago
Rumours: How could Newcastle line-up after the January transfer window?
Featured7 months ago
North-East Collection Points For Ukraine Donations
Featured7 months ago
Humanitarian aid for Ukraine collection point in Newcastle
Sports9 months ago
Favourites to sign for Newcastle in January, according to SkyBet
Sports4 months ago
Six potential strikers that would improve Newcastle’s attack
Entertainment8 months ago
Sam Fender Celebrates Victory With Gregg’s-Filled Party Bus